See also: StartEdition
ARCHICAD STAR(T) Edition 2018 was released on January 17, 2018. Based on the industry-leading Building Information Modeling technology of ARCHICAD 21, ARCHICAD START Edition 2018 has been tailored to the needs of smaller architectural practices. The feature set in START Edition 2018 includes all the necessary tools to create a BIM that is data-rich and able to produce all floor plans, sections, elevations, 3D views and details for a project. Now, serious modeling and interoperability enhancements are also included within START Edition 2018.
Serving as a base for the latest ARCHICAD START Edition, ARCHICAD 21’s robust, well-tested engine satisfies the needs of a smaller practice. ARCHICAD START EDITION 2018 provides the full power of ARCHICAD 21’s BIM-based streamlined documentation workflow, allowing the model to stay live until the very end of the project: it helps keep architects in the state of the creative design flow with as little disruption as possible.
To purchase ARCHICAD START Edition 2018, contact an ARCHICAD Reseller.
STAR(T) Edition 2018 supports the following operating systems:
Notes on older systems:
- Compatible, but not tested systems:
- Incompatible systems (STAR(T) Edition 2018 cannot be installed):
- The latest updates are required to be installed on all Operating Systems
- Only 64-bit Operating Systems are supported
Read more on System Requirements for STAR(T) Edition 2018
Can read files created with:
- STAR(T) Edition 2006 or newer versions
- ARCHICAD 8.1 and 9
STAR(T) Edition 2018 files can be opened with:
- ARCHICAD 21
- Future STAR(T) Edition versions
STAR(T) Edition 2018 protection key / licensing:
- Available only with CodeMeter key.
- With the ARCHICAD STAR(T) Edition 2018 license you can open STAR(T) Edition 2018, STAR(T) Edition 2017, StartEdition2016, StartEdition2015, StartEdition2014, StartEdition2013, StartEdition2012, StartEdition2011 and StartEdition2010 as well.
- CodeMeter enabler is not available for StartEdition2009 and StartEdition2008 .
- You can use Start Edition with a dongle which has full ARCHICAD license on.
- Licensing limitations:
- No License Borrowing available,
- No NET license type available.
Important: Do not remove the Java Runtime Environment before uninstalling the GRAPHISOFT ARCHICAD STAR(T) Edition 2018.
Go to the Windows “Control Panel” and select “Programs and Features” to remove all standard GRAPHISOFT ARCHICAD STAR(T) Edition 2018 components from your computer.
You can also browse to your ARCHICAD STAR(T) Edition 2018 folder and execute the uninstaller in the Uninstall.AC subfolder.
Browse to your ARCHICAD STAR(T) Edition 2018 folder and execute the uninstaller in the Uninstall.AC subfolder. This will start the uninstaller, which will remove all standard GRAPHISOFT ARCHICAD STAR(T) Edition 2018 components from your computer.