The External Content menu is missing from the File menu therefore the Place External Drawing command and the Drawing Manager menu is also missing from the default Work Environment.
Workaround: The Drawing Manager can be accesed from the Navigator or the Organizer.
The Place External Drawing command can be placed in the File menu or any other menu through the Options – Work Envrionment – Menus dialog.
Tooltips are missing
Tooltips are missing, only a small rectangle is represented when holding the cursor over a button of a palette.
With custom DPI settings the tooltips aren’t handled well.
To fix the tooltips set back the default DPI settings in Windows.
- Open Control Panel/Appearance and Personalization/Display
- Set back to default (100%) the value at Make it easier to read what’s on your screen
Ctrl-Shift-Numeric Keypad Shortcuts on Windows
- Ctrl+Shift shortcuts don’t work in combination with the Numeric keypad on Windows
- This is a Windows Operating System keyboard feature – if the Numlock key is activated, pressing the Shift key de-activates it.
For example with the Numlock key switched on, <8> on the keypad will enter 8, while holding down Shift it’ll act as the <Arrow Up> key.
- The solution is to use the normal keyboard numbers for such shortcuts on Windows.
Show Or Hide Dock
The default shortcut in ArchiCAD for ‘Drag a Copy’ (‘Alt+Command+D’) is engaged on Macintosh.
The Macintosh system uses the ‘Alt+Command+D’ shortcut for ‘Show/hide Dock’
Disable or re-assign the ‘Show/hide Dock’ function at System Prefs / Keyboard & Mouse / Keyboard shortcuts.