ARCHICAD 16, 17, 18, 19 crashes on Windows 7 and Windows 8 if Windows Update 2015-11-11 (KB3097877) is installed.
The recent update from Microsoft causing issues on not only ARCHICAD but on Outlook as well.
By now Microsoft published a new version of this update that (based on our experiences as well) solves the problem:
– If you already have the erroneous Update installed you can download and install a version of this update with this problem already fixed. You can access this corrected update by choosing Check for Updates in the Control Panel / System and Security / Windows Update.
– If for whatever reason this doesn’t go well and the problem doesn’t disappear please uninstall this Update by using the steps below and report the problem to your Technical Support:
- Open Control Panel/Programs and Features/Installed Updates
- Select Security Update for Microsoft Windows(KB3097877)
- Click on “Uninstall” and restart the computer