- Before Installing ARCHICAD 22
- If you install ARCHICAD the first time, these steps are recommended to check:
- Check the official System Requirements to make sure your computer is capable of running ARCHICAD 22
- Disable your Antivirus solution for the period of installation
- Install all operating system updates prior installing ARCHICAD
- Make sure the current user has administrative rights
- If you have already installed previous version of ARCHICAD on your computer, these steps are strongly recommend to check:
- Return all borrowed license before installing ARCHICAD 22
- Disconnect your locally inserted protection key for the period of the installation
- Compatibility of ARCHCIAD 22 with previous version of ARCHICAD
- Install Instructions
- Before Running ARCHICAD 22
- Running ARCHICAD 22 for the first time
- Troubleshooting, Known Issues
The latest ARCHICAD version can be downloaded from GRAPHISOFT’s Download area.
Before Installing ARCHICAD 22
If you install ARCHICAD the first time, these steps are recommended to check:
Check the official System Requirements to make sure your computer is capable of running ARCHICAD 22
- You can find ARCHICAD 22 System Requirements of GRAPHISOFT’s website.
- On this link you can find the Recommended Hardware configurations.
Disable your Antivirus solution for the period of installation
- The current Antivirus software are really effective, in many cases they even block files that are not infected – this may cause problems during the installation (for extra safety you can scan the GRAPHISOFT installer before the installation; all GRAPHISOFT provided packages go through virus checking during the Quality Control process).
- Disconnect all of your network connections (both connection via cable and wifi) – to avoid accidental infection, disable your Antivirus solution then install ARCHICAD and turn back your Antivirus protection before going online again.
- Affected Antivirus solutions that have been reported by ARCHICAD users:
Install all operating system updates prior installing ARCHICAD
- On Mac: Apple button on menu bar, Software update
- On Windows: Start menu, Windows update
Make sure the current user has administrative rights
- The installation requires administrative rights, privileges.
- Use an administrator account for the installation of ARCHICAD and its components.
If you have already installed previous version of ARCHICAD on your computer, these steps are strongly recommend to check:
Return all borrowed license before installing ARCHICAD 22
- ARCHICAD 22 installer removes the previous CodeMeter driver along with information on the borrowed licenses.
- Not doing so will cause these licenses to be lost for the borrowing period.
- More details about License Borrowing can be found on this link.
Disconnect your locally inserted protection key for the period of the installation
- The protection key driver may be updated during the installation.
- To avoid any driver related error, disconnect your protection key before running the installer.
Compatibility of ARCHCIAD 22 with previous version of ARCHICAD
- If you have previous version of ARCHICAD installed on your computer and wish to have ARCHICAD 22, you need to download and install ARCHICAD 22. They will function as two separate programs. There is no direct upgrade from one ARCHICAD versions to the next one.
- On this link you can find a step by step instruction how to install ARCHICAD 22 with a Single License.
- On this link you can find the Detailed ARCHICAD Network Installation.
Note: Installation of ARCHICAD 22 doesn’t require a license. It will request for license when you open ARCHICAD the first time.
Before Running ARCHICAD 22
- Installation of ARCHICAD 22 doesn’t require a license. When open ARCHICAD the first time, it recognizes whether you have a license or not.
- If you don’t have a license for ARCHICAD 22, you can open it only in Demo Mode after installation. Demo Mode gives you the opportunity to open ARCHICAD files, view and try out functions, but you can’t save ARCHICAD files.
- Running ARCHICAD with a license, you can choose from three options: Trial License, Education License or Commercial License. In case of using Trial or Education License, a serial number is needed, which can be obtained by registering at MyARCHICAD website.
Read here what to do when the serial number is not accepted.
To run Commercial License, you need a hardware key (CodeMeter) or a software key.
- More details about License Types can be found here.
If you have a Commercial License, these points are strongly recommended to check:
- If your CodeMeter server is a computer that does not run ARCHICAD make sure you update the driver on that computer as well. By using License Manager Tool your CodeMeter driver will be always uptodate.
- If you don’t have LMT installed on the server machine you can find the latest supported CodeMeter driver on GRAPHISOFT’s website. Before installing the latest driver make sure that all licenses have been returned.
Running ARCHICAD 22 for the first time
License Activation and Update
- ARCHICAD 22 activates the protection key semi-automatically or you can activate it by running License Manager Tool (LMT). Please consult this article for more details.
CodeMeter Hardware key Warning
You may get this Warning if the Hardware Key you are running ARCHICAD 22 is not configured as Human Interface Device (HID). Read more on this topic…
Troubleshooting, Known Issues
“Source file cannot be read” message comes at downloading Trial version
When attempting to download and save Trial version in the browser, you may see an error message: “Source file cannot be read”.
Usually this kind of error can occur if the connection to the server was interrupted during the download.
It is possible that your security software is scanning and locking the file.
Please check this page: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Source_file_could_not_be_read
Please disable your security software until the download is finished.
ARCHICAD 22 doesn’t accept the Serial Number
ARCHICAD installed successfully but when entering the serial number a message states that it is wrong.
a) It is possible that you mistype your serial.
b) It is possible that you did not activate your ARCHICAD according to your license type. It is possible to choose either Trial or Education license types.
a) Use Copy & Paste to avoid mistyping.
b) Please check if you have chosen the appropriate activating option at starting ARCHICAD: You can choose either Trial or Education license type.
c) Please read here what to do when the serial number is not accepted.
ARCHICAD 22 shows warning message on startup: „Cannot create temporary documents.”
Starting ARCHICAD 22 on Windows Operating System gives a warning message: “Cannot create temporary documents.” Previous ARCHICAD versions are also affected with this issue.
archicad.temp can’t be created because:
a) The AutoSave folder is full (it can contain maximum 50 folders).
b) The user doesn’t have the rights to write and read the AutoSave folder.
a) Delete the contents of the AutoSave folder.
b) Check and change the permissions of the current user.
Error at startup: “<file-name>.dll is missing from your computer”
At the first start of ARCHICAD you get “mfplat.dll is missing from your computer” or “libmmd.dll is missing from your computer” error.
There is no Media Foundation Platform installed on Windows N and Windows KN versions.
Download and install:
Media Feature Pack for Windows 10: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48231
Media Feature Pack for Windows 8.1: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40744