- Before Installation
- 1. Return all borrowed licenses before installing ARCHICAD 19
- 2. Disable your Antivirus solution for the period of the installation
- 3. Disconnect your locally inserted protection key for the period of the installation
- 4. Check the official System Requirements to make sure your computer is capable of running ARCHICAD 19
- 5. Install all operating system updates prior installing ARCHICAD
- 6. Make sure the current user has administrative rights
- Install Instructions
- Before Running ARCHICAD 19
- Troubleshooting, Known Issues
- ARCHICAD 19 shows warning message on startup: „Cannot create temporary documents.”
- Installing ARCHICAD 17 after ARCHICAD 19 on a new computer requires Java downgrade
- The install process is halted
- ARCHICAD 19 cannot be installed on this platform
- ARCHICAD 19 crashes on startup, when running with hardware acceleration on virtual computer solutions
The latest ARCHICAD installer can be downloaded from GRAPHISOFT’s Download area. Earlier versions can be found on the MyARCHICAD.com.
Note: If you are upgrading from ARCHICAD 18 you need the download the same installer. There is no direct update from ARCHICAD 18 to 19. They are separate applications.
Strongly recommended to check before installation:
1. Return all borrowed licenses before installing ARCHICAD 19
- ARCHICAD 19 installer removes the previous CodeMeter driver along with information on the borrowed licenses.
- Not doing so will cause these licenses to be lost for the borrowing period.
2. Disable your Antivirus solution for the period of the installation
- The current Antivirus software are really effective, in many cases they even block files that are not infected – this may cause problems during the installation (for extra safety you can scan the GRAPHISOFT installer before the installation; all GRAPHISOFT provided packages go through virus checking during the Quality Control process).
- Disconnect all of your network connections (both connection via cable and wifi) – to avoid accidental infection, disable your Antivirus solution then installARCHICAD and turn back your Antivirus protection before going online again.
- Affected Antivirus solutions that have been reported byARCHICAD users:
- AVG Antivirus Teamwork/AVG
3. Disconnect your locally inserted protection key for the period of the installation
- The protection key driver may be updated during the installation.
- To avoid any driver related error, disconnect your protection key before running the installer.
4. Check the official System Requirements to make sure your computer is capable of running ARCHICAD 19
- ARCHICAD 19 System Requirements on GRAPHISOFT’s website
- On the same link consult our hardware tips to choose the optimal configuration for ARCHICAD 19
5. Install all operating system updates prior installing ARCHICAD
- On Mac: Apple button on menu bar, Software update
- On Windows: Start menu, Windows update
6. Make sure the current user has administrative rights
- The installation requires administrative rights, privileges.
- Use an administrator account for the installation of ARCHICAD and its components.
Here you can find a step by step instruction how to install ARCHICAD 19.
Before Running ARCHICAD 19
1. Make sure that you load the newly purchased or updated license to your license key before running ARCHICAD 19
- General guide and troubleshooting: Remote Key Upgrade
- Important note for all OS X users: Key Upgrade Problem on Lion
2. Do not forget to update the protection key driver on your license server
- If your CodeMeter or Wibu server is a computer that does not runARCHICAD make sure you update the driver on that computer as well. To check it, please visit the https://upgrade.graphisoft.com/ site. Before installing the latest driver make sure that all licenses have been returned.
- You can find the installer on the ARCHICAD 19 install disk or it is available for download on GRAPHISOFT’s website.
Troubleshooting, Known Issues
ARCHICAD 19 shows warning message on startup: „Cannot create temporary documents.”
Issue: Starting ARCHICAD 19 on Windows Operating System gives a warning message: Cannot create temporary documents.” – Previous ARCHICAD versions are also affected with this issue.
Cause: archicad.temp can’t be created because:
a) The AutoSave folder is full (it can contain maximum 50 folders);
b) The user doesn’t have the rights to write and read the AutoSave folder.
a) Delete the contents of the AutoSave folder;
b) Check and change the permissions of the current user.
Installing ARCHICAD 17 after ARCHICAD 19 on a new computer requires Java downgrade
Issue: With the Java 8 the installer of ARCHICAD 17 will not start if an ARCHICAD 19 has been installed earlier on a new computer
Solution: The Java 8 have to be removed from the computer (Java for ARCHICAD). With the Java 8 uninstalled, the ARCHICAD 17 installer will automatically install the required Java version (7u21 on Mac OS X or the 7u13 on Windows) prior the installation.
The install process is halted
- Issue: After extracting the install file, the process stops. The Java version is probably incompatible.
- Solution: Remove Java from the Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Programs and features. If the uninstall is unsuccessful, Java might be corrupted, and a Cleanup Utility might have to be used. Following the uninstall, let the ARCHICAD installer Install the proper version of Java 8. You can also install Java manually before installing AC19, from here, but it is recommended to let the AC installer do the work.
More about Java compatibility: Install/Java
ARCHICAD 19 cannot be installed on this platform
- Issue: The same phenomenon comes as in the previous issue: After starting the installer from the DVD multimedia panel with clicking on the Install GRAPHISOFT ARCHICAD 19 an error comes:
“AC19 cannot be installed on this platform”
Although the platform suits the requirements.
- Solution: Starting the Setup.exe from the ARCHICAD 19 folder from the file menu will work the problem around.
ARCHICAD 19 crashes on startup, when running with hardware acceleration on virtual computer solutions
Issue: Running ARCHICAD19 on Windows Operating System via VMware and Virtual Box products with Video Card hardware acceleration turned on (OpenGL 2.0), results in crash on startup.
Cause: Virtual computer softwares are missing an OpenGL extension used by ARCHICAD.
Solution in VMware softwares: Turn off the hardware acceleration in VMware products.
With this turned off, ARCHICAD will start via VMware but the OpenGL engine will not be available in 3D, only the Internal Engine will be selectable in the 3D window settings.
Solution in Virtual Box: Turn off the hardware acceleration in the virtual computer’s settings.
This issue has been resolved in the Update 4011 of ARCHICAD 19.