- ARCHICAD 19 (3003, 4011) installation process can delete /usr/local folder on Mac if CodeMeter driver was present previously
- ARCHICAD 19 (4011) and 18 (7007) cannot find licenses from Network License Key
- A free license is needed for the borrow operation
- Protection key is not responding
- License will be broken if not uploaded back to pool before saving with Time Machine
- Borrowing stops to work or the license cannot be returned
- The computer does not start when a CodeMeter key is plugged in
- Nothing happens when clicking on connect – first time borrowing
- Recycle Bin does not work while the license key is plugged in
- Cannot Return License
- Borrowing doesn’t work on Virtual Computers
- Cannot repair CodeMeter driver
- A single key cannot be used as a server key
ARCHICAD 19 (3003, 4011) installation process can delete /usr/local folder on Mac if CodeMeter driver was present previously
Because of a previous CodeMeter uninstallation process the /usr/local folder might be deleted during a new installation of ARCHICAD 19.
With the 4013 update this issue has been fixed, so if the CodeMeter driver is removed by an ARCHICAD 19 4013 or above the /usr/local folder will not be deleted.
ARCHICAD 19 (4011) and 18 (7007) cannot find licenses from Network License Key
ARCHICAD can run only in demo mode if the CodeMeter driver’s version is older than 5.00 on the License Server computer.
Solution is to update the CodeMeter driver on the license server to the 5.22a CodeMeter Driver found here.
A free license is needed for the borrow operation
UPDATE: In ARCHICAD 15 this has been fixed. (Make sure you have only one ARCHICAD session running on the computer where you would like to borrow a license.)
For the borrow operation one free license is needed. If you haven’t got a free license close your ARCHICAD on the computer where you would like to borrow a license (then this license will be free) and borrow from the CodeMeter Control Center.
- run CodeMeter Control Center from Applications/using the Start menu
- choose the Borrow tab
- select the license and borrow
- the return can be done from here as well
To make it possible to borrow a license using CodeMeter Control Center an inactive license file is required, which is registered by ARCHICAD. To create that first try to borrow using ARCHICAD (Help/License Information) – generate the license file by following the instruction, close ARCHICAD and borrow using CodeMeter Control Center.
Protection key is not responding
In most of the cases this error comes when ARCHICAD runs in the background. Possibly there is no problem with the protection key itself, by selecting ARCHICAD the message should disappear. Of course when loosing connection to the CodeMeter server this also appears, in that case verify the server and the network connection.
License will be broken if not uploaded back to pool before saving with Time Machine
All the borrowed licenses should be returned and software keys should be uploaded back to the pool, before saving point with Time machine, otherwise they will get corrupted. It works like that to prevent duplication of Licenses.
Borrowing stops to work or the license cannot be returned
You can find the description of this issue here.
The computer does not start when a CodeMeter key is plugged in
This problem only occurs occasionally on Windows operating systems. The computer recognizes the CodeMeter key as an USB storage drive and tries to boot from that. Here is how you fix it:
- Search for CodeMeter Command Prompt and double-click to run it.
- A command window will appear.
- Type the following & press Enter or Return: cmu32/sx-xxxxxxx –set-config-disk RemovableDisk
Where x-xxxxxxx is the serial number printed on the USB key starting with the first number digit after “SN:”
Make sure you include a space after x-xxxxxxx and disk
To Reset to Default:
Repeat the above using the command below instead:
cmu32/s0-0000000 –set-config-disk LocalDisk
If your key’s Firmware version is lower than 1.16, then:
- Open CodeMeter Control Center from All Programs/CodeMeter/CodeMerter Control Center
- Click on your key
- Check the version, and if it is lower than 1.16 then click the icon near that to update the firmware
Nothing happens when clicking on connect – first time borrowing
In case you are about to borrow the first license, ARCHICAD tries to connect to the GRAPHISOFT server. (CodeMeter/LicenseBorrowing#InactiveLicense) There are cases where it fails – get you simply back to the previous dialog. In that case:
- try to borrow again and use the offline way – generate request (as described here.)
- try to import back the result file
- if it also fails open CodeMeter Control Center
- select the license visible there on the list (not starting with 2 or 128)
- click on license update and use the file you downloaded from the GRAPHISOFT site
Recycle Bin does not work while the license key is plugged in
Change the Drive letter of the key. To do that plug the key then open the Disk Manager. You can open the Disk Manager by right click on My Computer/Manage, or by Start/Run – diskmgmt.msc. Right click on ‘CODEMETER’
then select ‘Change drive Letter and Paths’. Select the drive letter and Remove it.
Cannot Return License
In case the license cannot be returned it worth it to check where the CodeMeter driver wants to return the license
- open a CodeMeter WebAdmin
- Content/Licenses/ click on the Product Code (61) near the Graphisoft Borrowing License
- the Borrow Server field show the server’s name or IP
The system administrator might help how to make possible to reach the server using that name.
In many cases it is worth it to change how the server is identified by the clients. By default this is based on the server’s hostname, but in many cases the clients cannot reach the server on the name as it nows about itself. (Networks without a DNS server, mixed environment – Macs+PCs). Here you can find how to change this on the server side: CodeMeter/LicenseBorrowing#How_to_set_up_a_CodeMeter_license_server
Only the computer name identifies the server
Sometimes the value contains only the computer’s name (computer) and not the full domain name. (computer.domain.com) In the network settings it can be made possible to reach the server.
- on Mac: Open System Preferences, Network, select the used connection type, enter the domain in the Search Domains field (domain.com)
- on Windows: Control Panel, Network and Internet, Network Connection, select the used connection type, right click, properties, select the used protocol, properties, advanced, dns tab, enter the domain in the Append these DNS suffixes field (domain.com)
Borrowing doesn’t work on Virtual Computers
License Borrowing – Act (Soft) is not supported on clients, which are virtual machines. The following error messages indicate that, during the License Update process.
Using Connect option:
At Request file creation:
Borrowing licenses is not allowed to Virtual Machines.
Cannot repair CodeMeter driver
On some Windows computers when running the installer of the CodeMeter driver – in repair mode – it gives Internal Error 2324.2 C:\Windows\system32\ WibuCmWeb64 .dll error message.
The workaround is to uninstall the driver and install it again.
Before doing that make sure there aren’t any licenses in borrowed state.