Affected versions: ARCHICAD 21 | Severity: Solution available
When you try to start a render of your 3D model with the CineRender Engine, the Rendering Process won’t start, and you receive the following Error:
“CineRender by MAXON add-on unexpectedly closed. ARCHICAD should be restarted.”
This Error message can appear for several different reasons, but there’s a common problem with the CineRender Engine version R18 (the one in ARCHICAD 21), that can be solved as follows.
On macOS this issue is mostly caused by the ‘libosmesa.dylib’ file that is incompatible with some hardwares. This file is not actually needed for the Engine to work, it is there for legacy reasons, so it can just be deleted, and the problem will go away.
- Make sure ARCHICAD is not running
- On your computer, go to the following folder (the path may vary if you have installed it to a different location):
- Find the ‘libosmesa.dylib’ file in the folder (that should be the only file there), and delete it
on Windows 10:
On Windows 10 the problem is mostly because the “libmmd.dll” is missing from the computer, or it is damaged. Reinstalling the Redistributable libraries for the Intel® C++ should fix the dll, and CineRender should work again afterwards.
- Download the Redistributable installer package from here. (This was the most recent version at the time the Article was written)
- Run the EXE, and go through the installation