Related versions: v18 and newer
Only the masteradmin user can log in into the BIMcloud / BIM Server Manager’s web user interface. In the Manager, all users, roles, projects, libraries are missing. On the Servers / Modules page the Server Module(s) are missing as well.
Most probably the BIMcloud / BIM Server Manager database has been damaged. The most frequent causes of this issue: an unclean shutdown, the hard drive run out of free space.
Do NOT restart the server computer!
Most likely the Manager database has been damaged, make sure to NOT restart the computer or the services. The Manager creates backups from its database in every service restart, but it keeps only the last 10 backups, which means that too many service restart could overwrite all of the existing backups.
Are there any free space in the hard drive(s)?
Check the available free space in the disk(s) where the BIMcloud / BIM Server components are installed. Free at least 15 percent of the storage space. If the Manager’s Data folder is stored on a different disk, then check that one as well.
Create a backup copy from the BIMcloud / BIM Server Manager database
Open a File Explorer (on Windows) or Finder (on macOS) window and copy the whole Data folder to a safe place. Locations:
- BIM Server: C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\BIM Server <version>\BIMcloud Manager\Data\
- BIMcloud: C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\BIMcloud\BIMcloud Manager\Data\
- BIM Server: System drive/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/BIM Server <version>/BIMcloud Manager/Data/
- BIMcloud: System drive/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/BIMcloud/BIMcloud Manager/Data/
Restore the BIMcloud / BIM Server Manager database from a backup
- Stop the BIMcloud Manager / BIM Server Manager service (on Windows) or daemon (on macOS) manually.
- Open a File Explorer (on Windows) or Finder (on macOS) window and navigate to the Manager’s Data folder. See the locations above.
- It is really important to have a backup from the Data folder, if it has not been copied yet to a safe place, then step back and do the Create a backup copy from the BIMcloud / BIM Server Manager database step!
- If a file form db_ exists (with the underscore character) under the Data folder – it is a temporary file – delete it.
- Locate the latest db-<numbers>.gz file. The files with .gz extension are compressed backup files.
- Decompress the file, it contains an earlier version of the db file. The filename looks like db-<numbers> without any extension.
- Rename the decompressed file to db and overwrite the old db file.
- Start the BIMcloud Manager / BIM Server Manager service (on Windows) or daemon (on macOS) manually.
Repeat the restoration
- Check the Manager’s web user interface with the masteradmin user and see if the users, roles, projects are still missing or not.
- If the issue still exists, repeat the Restore the BIMcloud / BIM Server Manager database from a backup step with an earlier backup.
Contact your local GRAPHISOFT support representative