BIMx PRO can be bought via in-app-purchase in BIMx app. After you purchased BIMx PRO you will have two apps on your device: BIMx and BIMx PRO. It is recommended to delete BIMx after the purchase of BIMx PRO to avoid possible difficulties such as not being able to choose between the two apps when you download a hyper-model.
If you download the file to BIMx app, you will not be able to use the features of BIMx PRO. You can compare the features of the two versions here.
So it is best to uninstall BIMx, since you no longer need it.
Before doing so please make sure you transfer your hyper-models from BIMx to BIMx PRO. To do so it is best to first copy the files from the mobile device to a desktop computer. Follow these steps:
- connect your mobile device to a desktop computer via cable
- launch iTunes on your computer
- Click on your device in the left column in iTunes (see screenshot below)
- Choose File Sharing in the menu on the left
- Select BIMx
- simply drag the folders of the hyper-models and drop them in the selected location in Finder or File Explorer on your desktop computer
- remove BIMx app from your device
- copy and paste the Hyper-models back to the device under BIMx PRO
before you remove BIMx:
after you removed BIMx:
The whole process is similar in File Explorer on Windows.
You don’t have to save your Hyper-models from BIMx the way described above if you have them already stored either in a cloud storage (such as BIMx Model Transfer site, Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud, etc.) or have them saved on your desktop computer. In these cases you can simply download them to BIMx PRO or move them from the desktop computer to the mobile device via iTunes.