Now architects can present their design in an easy way that will surely astonish their clients. BIMx 2018 Q2 Update introduces presentation support both on iOS and Android as an additional feature of the paid productivity package.
BIMx PRO helps you deliver engaging, interactive design presentations on the fly. Thanks to the new “Presenter” feature of BIMx PRO, architects and clients can all enjoy a super-easy-to-use design pitch experience.
You can create a video based on saved Favorites or Gallery items. While Gallery items can only be saved in ARCHICAD, Favorites can only be saved in BIMx PRO.
Compose the presentation
- open one of the 3D models or layouts of your Hyper-model
- navigate to the desired position so that you get the exact view you want to present
- tap on the book icon to open the Favorites palette
- tap on the plus sign to save the current view as a new Favorite
- name the new item
- go on and save as many Favorites as you want to include in your presentation. Don’t worry about their names and order, you can modify them later.
- you can modify the list of the Favorites:
- tap on the Edit button
- you can rename the items by tapping on their names
- you can delete a Favorite by tapping on the red “Delete” symbol on the left
- you can delete all of them at once by using the Delete All button at the bottom of the palette
- you can hide the items you want to keep but don’t want to include in the presentation by sliding the green switch to the “off” position
- you can change their order by dragging one by the reorder control on the right and moving it to the right position in the list
- tap on “Done” to finish editing
- Notes on Gallery items:
- they can only be saved in ARCHICAD (BIMx Export Options: Add cameras as separate gallery items – see details here)
- layouts cannot be saved as Gallery items
- you cannot modify their names and order in BIMx PRO
- you cannot delete them in BIMx PRO
- you can turn them on and off in BIMx PRO using the green switch
- whenever you get lost in the navigation you can return to the home view (the one the model always opens with – this is defined in ARCHICAD) by tapping on the “Home” icon
- use Fit to screen and 1:1 buttons to help you navigate and define the best views of your Hyper-model
- General settings (Display, Shading and Projection options and Camera View Cone settings are saved in the presentation items you create)
Perform the presentation
- start playing the presentation video by tapping on the “screen” icon. This leads you to presentation mode: the model view goes full screen, navigation controls vanish and presentation controls appear.
- “Next” and “Previous” buttons on the left and right edge of the screen to manually switch between the predefined views of the presentation. After a few seconds the controls disappear so the whole screen is dedicated to the perfect display of the design. Despite this the “Next” and “Previous” buttons are still sensitive so you can use them by tapping on their area.
- You can suspend the presentation whenever you want by tapping on the screen and you can navigate in the model manually using gestures or the joystick controller just like any other time.
- You can resume the presentation by tapping on the “Back to…” label in the upper left corner. This will move you back to the latest predefined position played in the presentation.
- The progress slider on the bottom of the screen helps you to jump easily to any Gallery item or Favorite since you get thumbnail previews as you slide your finger on the progress bar.
Auto-play the presentation
- You can auto-play the presentation: tap on the screen, the controls appear. Tap on the “Play” button on the left side of the progress slider at the bottom of the screen. BIMx PRO will move through the presentation without any further user input.
- You can even loop the automatic playback function by using the button on the right side of the progress bar (blue: on, grey: off).
- You can exit the presentation at any time by using the “X” in the upper right corner of the screen. You can continue exploring the Hyper-model manually. You will be where the presentation was stopped.
Notes on Hyper-model update:
- previously saved Favorites are kept
- previously saved Gallery items’ content is updated if they are affected by the changes in the model
- index images of Gallery items will not be updated