- Each Construction Element and 3D Object in ARCHICAD is linked to a specific Story, called its Home Story.
- The elevation of the Element is determined by the elevation of its Home Story
- If its Home Story is deleted, the element will be deleted with it.
- Home Story is used as Criterion for:
- Element Selection (Find and Select…)
- Teamwork Workspace Reservation (Sign In…)
- Element Scheduling (Schedule Settings…)
In ARCHICAD 10, the settings for the Home Story (Link to…) and the settings for the Floor Plan Display (Show On…) are combined into a single set of options, which limits the users’ control over Home Stories and Floor Plan display.
In ARCHICAD 11, the Home Story and Show on Story settings will be separate option sets:
- Selected Story –ties the element to a particular story regardless of the element’s physical location. The home story can then be used as a reference level from which to measure the element’s relative base height, in both 2D and 3D windows.
- Automatic (Walls, Beams, Columns, Roofs only) – ARCHICAD assigns the element’s Home Story based on its reference level when the element is created, and adjusts the Home Story as necessary whenever the element’s elevation changes.
Show On Story:
- Home Story Only
- All relevant stories (Walls, Beams, Columns, Roofs only)
Additional options for Roof, Beam, Slab, Mesh and Object:
Home & One Story Up
Home & One Story Down
Home & One Story Up And Down
- All stories
- Custom (N/A for Objects)