Sometimes the Embedded Library can get really disorganized and messy. It can contain many unused library parts. This is how you can get rid of them:
Step 1: Export the Library
Export the Embedded Library into a folder at a location of your choice on your computer. You can do this by using the Export command in the Library Manager after selecting all parts of the Embedded Library.
Step 2: Make sure you know what parts are used
You will later need to know what Library Parts are used in the project but it can be tedious to check them one by one in all folders. To get a visual list of them follow these steps:
- Go to the interactive schedules and start creating an object schedule.
- Go straight to adding fields. Choose adding Library Part parameters.
- In the opening window you can select “Folder View (used objects only)”. In this view unused objects do not show up.
- Open up each folder in the tree structure in this view.
- Take a screenshot and save it. (You don’t have to finish creating the new schedule of objects.)
Step 3: Delete the Library
Delete all embedded parts from the Project.
Step 4: Reload the missing parts
Start reloading the missing library parts. Use the screenshot you saved to see where you need to pick them from. The folder structure that was created when the Embedded Library was exported (Step 1) is the same as what you see on the screenshot.