In ARCHICAD listing/scheduling the Wall Surface is not possible if the Zone’s body was modified with a Solid Element Operation. Until the correction is implemented there is a possible workaround.
Instead of the Zone we will list a Morph, created from a Zone. This Morph will show us the Surface of the Wall.
In this image you can see 3 situations.
- left: there is a Zone within the walls, no Solid Element Operation is used
- middle: there is a Zone within the walls cropped by a Slab.
- right: there is a Morph within the walls created from a Cropped Zone
In this schedule you can see that regardless of the Zone being cropped or not, the Wall Surface is the same, however this value should be smaller for the second and the third zones. ZON – 002 and ZON – 003 were cropped using a solid element operation. (This schedule shows the state of ZON – 003 before it was converted to a morph.)
How to list the Surface of the Wall?
- Create a Zone.
- Proceed with the Solid Element Operation. In the images you can see the Zone cropped by the horizontal Slab. Achieve any kind of Solid Element Operation, no matter if it is Crop, Trim or SEO.
- Select the Zone and use the Convert Selection to Morph(s) command, the simple way is to right click on the Zone and select the command from the Context Menu.
- Delete the upper and lower surfaces of the Morph.
- Now you need to add the morph to the schedule by extending the criteria of Element Type to include Morphs as well. Add Surface Area to the fields of the schedule.
Now in the schedule you will see the real wall surface of the room: