GRAPHISOFT had been testing Windows 10 beta and is continuously testing the final released version. We have found Windows 10 to be compatible with our current products. Any known issues found so far and to be found in the future will be published under the Known Issues section below.
ARCHICAD compatibility by different versions
- ARCHICAD 21
- ARCHICAD 21 Solo
- ARCHICAD 20
- ARCHICAD 20 Solo
- ARCHICAD 19
- ARCHCIAD 19 Solo
Not supported but compatible versions
- ARCHICAD 15-18: Compatible (Updates are not released to fix new compatibility issues)
Not compatible versions
- ARCHICAD 13-14: Not Compatible (if QuickTime is not installed)
- ARCHICAD 12 and older: Not Compatible
- File converter versions: Compatible for converting files if QuickTimeis installed
ARCHICAD STAR(T) Edition
- 2010-2017: Compatible
- 2008-2009: Not compatible
Compatible: all features of the respective ARCHICAD version are supported by the Operating System.
Not Compatible: the ARCHICAD version does not run on the Operating System.
Windows 10 branches, editions
Microsoft has changed how updates and upgrades are rolled out for the operating system. Four branches have been created to differentiate when a new features are rolled out to the Windows users. GRAPHISOFT recommends Current Branch or Current Branch for Business to be used with ARCHICAD.
- Supported branches: Current Branch, Current Branch for Business, Long Term Servicing Branch
- Not supported branch: Windows Insider Preview Branch
GRAPHISOFT products are supported on Pro and Enterprise editions and are compatible with Home and Educational editions.
- Study Windows 10 articles for any known issues, difficulties
- Back up all of your data, including ARCHICAD / BIM Server specific data before upgrading the operating system. When switching from 32-bit to 64-bit, you need to perform a clean install of Windows. This means that you have to re-install all your software applications and migrate all your data after installing the system.
- Upload all Software keys to the License Pool
- Return all borrowed licenses before upgrading the OS
- Allow yourself enough time for the upgrade, do not upgrade the OS close to a deadline
- Install/update Windows.
- Install ARCHICAD. Your ARCHICAD install DVD includes both 32-bit and 64-bit version of ARCHICAD, and the correct version will automatically selected when you run the automated installer wizard.
- Install all updates for the new operating system
- Install all updates for GRAPHISOFT products
- Install the Windows 10 compatible protection key driver
- Test ARCHICAD and the BIM Server
- Cursor became small on High Resolution Displays on Windows 10 after Creators Update
- Error message appears when installing ARCHICAD 18 or ARCHICAD 19 to Windows 10 N and KN editions
- BIMcloud Manager’s web interface cannot be opened with Microsoft Edge, installation can’t be completed
- Unable to shrink the open-save dialog on Windows 10
- Shadows under windows effect is disabled by ARCHICAD