Affected version(s): ARCHICAD 19, 20 and 21 | Severity: workaround applicable | ID: 237195
After the installation of macOS 10.13 High Sierra, a user may experience an unexpected delay while creating a simple element, for example a wall. Drawing a wall might take up to 2-4 seconds to finish.
ARCHICAD runs over the GRAPHISOFT folder when cache files are created. This results in a slow process because the folder structure contains old data-set that has been converted from HFS+ to APFS.
- Make sure that all of your projects are saved/all of the changes are sent and received in Teamwork projects.
- In Teamwork projects it is advised to Leave Teamwork Project before applying any changes.
- Close ARCHICAD then rename the /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/GRAPHISOFT folder (e.g.: _GRAPHISOFT)
- It is safer to rename it first because it contains previously created autosaves, local cache, DXF-DWG Translator, IFC Schemes that might be important for a user
- Reopen ARCHICAD and check the result of the workaround above.
- If the slow performance issue is no longer occurring, the user can copy the important data (e.g.: autosaves, local cache, DXF-DWG Translator, IFC Schemes) if needed from the previously renamed folder to the new GRAPHISOFT (/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/) folder. The originally renamed folder now can be deleted.
- If the Autosave folder is stored in different location determine by looking in the Work Environment (Data Safety & Integrity). Rename it first then handle it as mentioned above. It is recommended to use the Default Location.
We plan to include a fix for this issue in the 8000 Update of ARCHICAD 20 and the 6000 Update of ARCHICAD 21.