Starting with ARCHICAD 22, you can easily get your license activated/updated by starting an installed ARCHICAD 22, this way it gives you a more seamless experience with your license.
Workflow 1: Without log-in with GRAPHISOFT ID
When you start ARCHICAD 22 after successful installation without signing into GRAPHISOFT ID, a dialogue window appears with different license options on how to start ARCHICAD:
- If you have already acquired a Commercial license on Hardware or Software Key, select the second option.
- Select Download Software Key.
- ARCHICAD will download the license from the License pool after verifying your GRAPHISOFT ID (GSID) Information:
- GRAPHISOFT ID dialogue window appears where you can enter existing credentials or sign-up for a new GRAPHISOFT ID.
- After successful authentication, ARCHICAD downloads automatically the available protection key from License Pool.
- Note: The license download may take a few minutes, please be patient.
- When the download is successfully completed, you should be able to use ARCHICAD in full mode afterwards.
Workflow 2: Logged-in with GRAPHISOFT ID
If you previously logged-in with your GRAPHISOFT ID in ARCHICAD 22, the dialogue window appears slightly different as opposed to the one in workflow 1. However, should you decide to open ARCHICAD with Commercial License, you need to select Start License Manager Tool (LMT) option.
- In LMT sign-in with your GRAPHISOFT ID.
- If you are doing this for the first time, after signing-in with your GSID, a window pops up asking you for an authentication key. Your reseller supplies this authentication key to you.
- After successfully sign-in, In the Available Protection Keys list, select the desired key (with a cloud icon)
Protection Key Download Successful
- Click Download, you would get a notification once the download is completed.
- When the download is successfully completed, subsequently you should be able to use ARCHICAD full mode.
Note: The license download may take a few minutes, please be patient.
In ARCHICAD 22, you have the liberty of updating protection key with ARCHICAD or License Manager Tool (LMT).
The former offers the protection key update dialogue once a day when if an update is available for the plugged Hardware Key or downloaded Software Key, it requests approval for the action from the end user.
Note: ARCHICAD checks for protection key update once a day.
- Protection key which has the available update is listed, it shows the current content of the protection key and to which protection key it will be updated. If you would like to proceed with the update, click on the continue button.
- ARCHICAD can update one license at a time. If you have multiple protection keys available, this option is supported only on License Manager Tool (LMT).
- Net licenses can only be updated on LMT.
Note: Updating the protection key may take a few minutes, please be patient,
Unsuccessful download or update of Protection Key
In case of unsuccessful download or update of the protection key, there is no cause for alarm. It might be temporarily; you can quit and reinitiate the activation process/update or opt to Start License Manager Tool (LMT) option.
- By selecting “Start the License Manager Tool”, it opens the application.
- Follow the steps stated in this workflow, please click here