Exploring the building on a mobile device is designed to be easy and intuitive. The best way to learn these methods is to try them out.
If you are outside the building, use one finger to Orbit the model as a whole. (Slide one finger across the screen to turn the building.)
Turn in Place
If you are inside the building, slide one finger across the screen to turn in place.
Use two fingers to Pan. (Slide two fingers across the screen to move the building.) You can freely go through the walls when you Pan.
BIM information (Element name and ID, height, size, volume) of elements can be displayed on your mobile application.
Simply tap one element and a blue dot will pop-up, press it and select Info.
On the screen, pinch two fingers together, then apart again, to Zoom in and out. You can freely go through the walls when you Zoom.
Fit in Window
Double tap the background to fit the entire building on the screen.
Go to Location
Tap on a surface and a blue dot appears, press it and select Go to.
Walk Through the Door
If you tap on a door, a blue dot appears, press it and select Go through.
Walk Around in the Building
To walk around in the building, use the joystick at the lower right corner:
- Joystick Up to walk forward.
- Joystick Down to walk backward.
- Joystick Right/Left to turn in place.
You can use both thumbs to navigate. While moving forward and backward with the joystick, turn the view simultaneously with your other thumb.
You can also turn in place using one finger, without the Joy-stick.
As you use the joystick, a small arrow appears at the bottom of the screen to indicate your position in the building.
TIP: You can move the joystick to the left side of the screen, if needed:
- on iOS: use the “Left-Handed” control in iPhone/iPad Device Settings. To change the speed effect while using the joystick, use the “Navigation Speed” control in BIMx Application Settings.
- on Android: move the Joystick to the left of your screen by selecting Settings/ Navigation/ Joystick > Left-handed option.