Archicad STAR(T) Edition 2009
ARCHICAD STAR(T) Edition 2009 is based on the industry leading Virtual Building technology of ARCHICAD 12 but its feature set is tailored to the needs of small architectural practices. The software contains all the necessary tools to create the Virtual Building model from which the entire architectural documentation is derived. It also provides the latest DWG-DXF and IFC 2x3 interfaces for file exchange with external applications.
STAR(T) Edition 2009 supports the following operating systems:
- Windows XP - 32 and 64-bit versions
- Windows Vista - 32 and 64-bit versions
- Mac OSX 10.4 or 10.5 Leopard
can read files created with:
- STAR(T) Edition 2006 or newer versions
- ARCHICAD 8.1 and 9
- PlotMaker 3.1
START(T) Edition 2009 files can be opened with:
- ARCHICAD 12 and 13
- Future Star(T) Edition versions
START(T) Edition 2009 protection key can run:
- STAR(T) Edition 2005,2006,2008 versions
Features of ARCHICAD STAR(T) Edition 2009
- Speed – Due to multi-core processor support, areas that will see noticeable improvement are 2D and 3D navigation and 3D model generation including sections and shadow casting. The improved feeling of responsiveness will contribute to an overall better design environment in which to work.
- 3D Document – Any 3D view of the model can be used as the basis for creating a document where dimensions, annotations and additional 2D drawing elements may be added. This helps designers more easily communicate their design intent to owners, consultants, contractors and subcontractors.
- Fill Enhancements – Improved system of Fill Management and new Fill capability has been introduced, including translucent solid and image fills. These capabilities allow architects to remain in the ARCHICAD environment when preparing documents for competitions and client presentations
- Integrated Layouting - Creating professional layout books is simple: you generate the design documentation directly from your model, swiftly and efficiently, then complete the drawings with the necessary information for your documentation.
- Interior Elevation - Interior elevations are created automatically using one of the polyline or rectangle input methods – similarly to sections and elevations. Edits made on an Interior Elevation can be reflected in the design model, and vice-versa.
- Color Shading in Sections and Elevations – Element material colors can be displayed on uncut parts of the Sections and Elevations views using the “Elements’ Own Material Color (Shaded or Non-Shaded)” option.
Feature ARCHICAD 12 ARCHICAD Start Edition 2009 3D Document Bi-Directional Drawing Marker Referencing Color shading in section and elevation Dialog Box Enhancements DWG Element Conversion Improvements Fill Enhancements Grid Tool Interior Elevation Improved Dimensioning Input Logic Label Enhancements Multi-Page Layouts for Schedules and Indexes Nudge/Align/Distribute Elements Performance Reveal Options for Doors/Windows Section/Elevation Marker Display StairMaker Enhancements Align View X Curtain Wall X EDU / Trial file format support X Element information X External Drawings X Hotlinked Modules X Improved Hotlink Management X LightWorks rendering X Markup Tools X Multistory Hotlinked Modules X New Curved Wall Types X Partial Structure Display X PLN,PLA,TPL,MOD file import from AC12 X PMK File Format X Profile manager X Profiled (straight and curved) wall, column, beam X Publisher X Reviewer X Sketch Rendering X Slanted (straight and curved) wall, column, beam X Sun Study X Teamwork X Worksheet Tool X XREF Layer Separation X XRefs X