- The built in BIM Server uninstaller cannot uninstall the BIM Server.
- Some BIM Server related files may be missing and that blocks the uninstallation.
- Before manual uninstallation, back up all BIM Server databases. The default location of these files are the following, unless customized in BIM Server Control Center:
- /Applications/Graphisoft/BIM Server/Projects/
- /Applications/Graphisoft/BIM Server/Attachments/
- These can be later re-imported manually, by following these steps: Teamwork/HowToRecoverLostProjects#A3._Restore_project_database_on_a_different_server
- It is alway easier to re-share project if you have a .pln version from a previous backup or saved out on one of the clients that still has the project in joined state
Locate the BIM Server preference file and delete it:
- open Finder
- navigate to /Library/Preferences/ (this is the Library folder located in the system root not in the current user’s home folder)
- delete com.graphisoft.BIMServer.plist
After this run the uninstaller that should run without any problems. You can find the uninstaller:
- /Applications/Graphisoft/BIM Server/Uninstall BIM Server alias (This always starts the uninstaller of the latest module)
- you can start the uninstaller directly: /Applications/Graphisoft/BIM Server/Uninstall/Uninstall.BS.<modulenumber>/uninstaller.app
If uninstalling still does not work, please get in touch with your local support for manual recovery.