In Javier’s article you have a great workflow for creating this ornament of the Balcony.
In this article I will provide you another solution with Shell tool.
- go to Floorplan and create a fill
- select Extruded Shell with Detailed Construction Method and click on the Space button to achieve the Magic Wand and click on the fill to create the Shell.
Note: in the Shell Selection Settings window make sure the Shell Thickness might be changed afterwards as the Shell geometry depends on this value
- if you look at your Shell in 3D it might be confusing so as a help I used to place a Slab temporary under the Shell.
- rotate the Shell with the Free Rotate option from the Pet Palette around the Y Axis.
- select the Shell on the Floorplan (or even in 3D) and select the Set End Angle command from the Pet Palette.
- with the Edit Extrusion Length command from the Pet Palette you can create the following Shell.
- open 3D and go to View/ 3D View Mode/ 3D Projection Settings and set the Side, Top or Bottom View.
- go to File/ Libraries and Objects/ Save 3D Model As an Object.
- from Object tool you can place the Ornament Object and continue working.