See also: StartEdition
ARCHICAD STAR(T) Edition 2017 was released on January 17, 2017. Based on the industry-leading Building Information Modeling technology of ARCHICAD 20, ARCHICAD STAR(T) Edition 2017 has been tailored to the needs of smaller architectural practices. The feature set in STAR(T) Edition 2017 includes all the necessary tools to create a BIM that is data-rich and able to produce all floor plans, sections/elevations, 3D views and details for a project. Now, serious workflow, productivity and documentation enhancements are also included within STAR(T) Edition 2017.
Serving as a base for the latest ARCHICAD STAR(T) Edition 2017, ARCHICAD 20’s robust, well-tested engine satisfies the needs of a smaller practice. ARCHICAD STAR(T) EDITION 2017 provides the full power of ARCHICAD 20’s BIM-based streamlined documentation workflow, allowing the model to stay live until the very end of the project: it helps keep architects in the state of the creative design flow with as little disruption as possible.
STAR(T) Edition 2017 supports the following operating systems:
Notes on older systems:
- Compatible, but not tested systems:
- Incompatible systems (STAR(T) Edition 2017 cannot be installed):
Can read files created with:
- STAR(T) Edition 2006 or newer versions
- ARCHICAD 8.1 and 9
STAR(T) Edition 2017 files can be opened with:
- ARCHICAD 20
- Future STAR(T) Edition versions
STAR(T) Edition 2017 protection key:
- Available only with CodeMeter key.
- With the ARCHICAD SE 2017 license you can open StartEdition2016, StartEdition2015, StartEdition2014, StartEdition2013, StartEdition2012, StartEdition2011 and StartEdition2010 as well.
- CodeMeter enabler is not available for StartEdition2009 and StartEdition2008 .
- You can use Start Edition with a dongle which has full ARCHICAD license on.
New Features in STAR(T) Edition 2017
|Fresh Look At BIM
ARCHICAD STAR(T) Edition 2017 offers a fresh and clean user interface maximizing the available working area with crisp and clean new icons that look sharp on any screen resolution. The improved tab-based navigation means easy and fast navigation among different views of the project.
Brand new Favorites speed up everyday design development work by providing visual feedback on saved element settings with automatically generated, colored 2D or 3D thumbnail previews – available for every Tool.
ARCHICAD STAR EDITION 2017 takes project visualization to the next level by enabling the creation of BIMx Hyper-models and two-point perspective views.
STAR(T) Edition 2017 implements a series of performance enhancements in various fields to enable smoother workflow and increase general responsiveness.